RF Test Development Software Engineer
About Danger Devices
DangerDevices Inc. is a growing, fabless semiconductor start-up headquartered in Menlo Park, California. We aim to deliver best-in-class products to our customers with industry-leading design cycle times. We do that with our revolutionary, modernized approach focusing on software to increase productivity in all areas from integrated circuit design all the way to testing and data analysis.
Contribute to our industry leading team of circuit experts and software specialists. We are actively looking for Analog Integrated Circuit/Software Engineers to strengthen our team.
- Greensboro, NC (preferred)
- Menlo Park, CA
- Test Development team lead
What you'll do at Danger Devices:
Using skills and experience with your history of software development and RFIC testing you will help to build a testing platform for device evaluation. You will accomplish this through the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment for all phases of product engineering development
- Design, develop, and support software for data collection, analysis/visualization, and verification
- Troubleshoot and fix problems with software as well as hardware systems
- Verify accuracy of tests and test methods via manual and automated efforts
- Research, evaluate, and integrate new equipment solutions from various vendors
- Support design verification testing and correlation between design, application engineering and production test
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support engineering test projects, which may involve overlap with test engineering, production test, and support
- Collect, filter, and document large amounts of data
- Read and interpret technical documents including schematics, datasheets, and test procedures.
- Use critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills to convey complex ideas and solutions.
- Other duties as deemed necessary by leadership
The skillset you'll bring to Danger Devices:
A core value of the company is innovation - and we firmly believe that innovation can only occur when we're all willing to learn. You are an avid and curious learner with:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline from accredited College or University
- Software competence with C# .NET, any experience with Python or F# is a good addition
- At least 2 years of experience in software development, >=5 years preferred
- Experience with RF Testing including small signal parameters, RF power, pulsed power and harmonics, DC and leakage currents, waveforms for the different IEEE and cellular standards (ie 802.11 WLAN, LTE, 5G, Bluetooth, etc)
- Strong track record of independently analyzing test data and assessing compliance with performance requirements. This includes effective troubleshooting skills to isolate test failures/anomalies and to develop recovery action plans
- Hardware Competence preferred: Spectrum Analyzers / Vector Network Analyzers / Power Meters / Signal Generators / Digital I/O / Oscilloscopes / Power supplies / Couplers / Isolators / Filters / Duplexers